CICCIC Contemporary Art Open Competition 2017
Artists working in any media are invited to submit their work for the CICCIC Open Contemporary Art Competition 2017 and win the chance to be selected for a group show at the 120 sqm gallery in the Creative Innovation Centre CIC, Taunton, Somerset, Tuesday – Sat 9.30-4pm April 3rd – 30th 2017.
The panel will be looking for work which considers new ways of exploring media, composition and subject material. Mixed media and 3 Dimensional entries will be considered.
The judges will also select an overall exhibition prize winner and will be awarded £200. There will be a 2nd and 3rd prize awarded including a certificate.
- Digital prints will be accepted if they have been a result of work which is a creative development of using digital technology.
- Artists may make two entries.T
- CICCIC will take 30% commission on any sales during the exhibition.
- Selected works must be delivered and ready for hanging with mirror plates attached if appropriate on Friday 31st March between 9.30-4pm.
- Deadline for entries (JPegs by email only) Monday 27th February 9pm.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Tuesday 7th March.
- Selected work needs to be delivered on Friday 31st March to the CICCIC between 9.30-4pm.
- Exhibition public view night will be on Wednesday April 5th 6-9pm.
- Collection of work after the exhibition will be after 9am on Monday 1st May.
£20 per entry or £30 for two entries.
Cheques should be made payable to ‘Creative Innovation Centre CIC’ or payment made online via Bacs : Creative Innovation Centre CIC Sort Code 20-85-26 Account Number 13845338. Please confirm payment has been sent via your entry email.
Fill in the application form here.
Email your application form with your images and confirmation of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Creative Innovation Centre reserves the right to retain and use the images from the work submitted for press and publicity purposes. Whilst every effort will be made to observe special display requirements, the CICCIC will have the final decision on how selected works are shown.