CICCIC Business and Enterprise update May 2016
The Creative Innovation Centre CIC in Taunton provides business support, promotes innovative practice and supplies creative development advice to a wide range of clients.
In addition to these services the CICCIC provides a conduit for local and regional intelligence groups to inform regional strategy for the creative sector.
In the past 6 months the CICCIC:
- Has been instrumental in the creation of 12 new businesses and supported over 40 new or existing businesses and organisations.
- Has received a service level agreement from Taunton Deane Borough Council to undertake a local research audit of creative sector businesses to identify development needs and inform the local economic strategy. This piece of work will link to Somerset County Councils work on the mapping of the creative sector.
- Is working with the Arts Council, the Regional Growth Fund and Universities South West to research the needs and aspirations of audiences to inform planning and future development of the creative sector.
- Is facilitating the development of regional and national policy on funding policies for the creative sector working with members of the RSA, regional universities, Arts and Design councils and the national body of the Creative Industries federation.
- Created over £50 K for the local creative economy in the support of local musicians, artists, performers and designers.
- Helped to develop and host the ‘Creatives Club’ for the Taunton Deane area as part of Creative Somerset’s initiative. This has benefited over 150 creative practitioners who are now working together under the umbrella of Go Create CIC to deliver the largest Arts festival in Taunton that has ever been put on in the county town. The core mission of the organisation Go Create CIC which was formed out the ‘Creatives Club, Taunton Deane’ is to make the Arts visible in the community.
- Has initiated a number of public interest projects such as : Taunton Deane WW1 Centenary project, a Community Café based on the health and wellbeing policy promoted by Somerset County Council and a young musicians development scheme working with local schools, youth centres and colleges to develop confidence in performance and entrepreneurial skills.
- Has been awarded the prestigious Queens Award 2015 for Enterprise and Promotion in recognition of Richard Holt, the co-director of Core Business Design and the Creative Innovation Centre CIC for his work over the past 25 years in the promotion of creative enterprise regionally and nationally.
In the past 3 years the CICCIC has proved that its services are in high demand (100% increase in turnover year on year) by local businesses, organisations and individuals and is seen as a catalyst for the development and expansion of the creative sector in the Taunton Deane area. It plans to broaden its support and reach by working with other strategic organisations to further support the regeneration of our local economy and further enrich our cultural landscape for the benefit of others.
The CICCIC is always open to new ideas and welcomes business, organisations and individuals who would like to develop new ways of doing things, create new business ventures or community enterprises.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01823 337 477 for an informal chat.