Loopmasters of Guitar – Sat 28th Jan 2017 – Featuring James Hollingsworth & Jon Maybey
Tickets £9 online or £10 on the door. Concessions for students and over 65′s £8 online or £9 on the door.
The way that guitars are used today is much different than 20 years ago and now with loop pedals solo guitarists can create music and sounds that can match any band, but this complex and hard to master looping is only mastered by a few and this live music night presents two the best loopmasters of guitar in the South West.
We are very excited to have
- James Hollingsworth
- Jon Maybey
‘At CICCIC we have delivered over 400 live music events and seen over 700 musicians play here but if you want to see and hear two of the finest musicians/songwriters who can amaze you with the mastery of looping guitars then I strongly recommend you see them perform’ says CICCIC director and programmer Andrew Knutt.
Licensed bar available.
Spaces are limited so book early to avoid disappointment or refusal on the door.
About The Artists
James has an amazing voice and is a superb songwriter, guitarist and performer. Reviews of James’s work says it all:
- “Fascinating one man band James Hollingsworth conjures some wonderful soundscapes with guitar effects and loops to create colour and build the suspense.” – Somerset Guardian
- “Great original stuff from this songmeister, James is a true talent, refreshingly inventive and accessible.” – The Queen’s Head, Monmouth
- “A Marvel!” – Rose and Crown, Charlbury
- “I never have to use any Auto-Tune on James’ voice” – Alf Kingston
- “truly a phenomenal experience” – Barry ‘The Fish’ Melton
- “A true exponent of the modern British singer/songwriter – a real gem” – Monmouthshire Music “guitar wizard” – 5 Best gigs – The Independent
- “if you get a chance, see James play as soon as possible…” – The Wiltshire Ocelot
- “James has always impressed us with his thoughtful & lyrical songs. Superb singing & delicate guitar work make for a captivating performance.” Seend Acoustic Club 2014
- “rich vocals, excellent guitar and great humour” – Get Ready to Rock
- “awestruck by his powerful lyrics, haunting melodies and refreshing onstage chat” – TSMRadio.net
- “one of the best song writers in the country.” – Bristol Rocks
- “extraordinary vocal and a genius guitar player.” – Seend Acoustic Club.
An accomplished musician bringing a relaxed atmosphere and regularly performing in many different settings from festivals to village halls, pubs to restaurants, front rooms to gardens and has played at CICCIC before.
It really is a joy to watch and hear a professional like Jon and with his roots from classical guitar lessons in his youth whilst playing in a folk rock band and later studied jazz and contemporary music whilst playing in a thrash funk band!
A highlight for Jon was working with 3 times BRIT Awards recipient Eddie Reader in the “underground” band Elephant Talk .