Creative Writing for Marketing and Leisure
Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm to 7:30pm – Eight Weeks from 21/05/14 to 16/07/14.
Next programme of workshops starts in May
This is a series of interactive workshops to provide an introduction to the craft of writing for a variety of media (print, web, stage & screen) and applications (from copy writing to the novel each of us is supposed to have in us).
By the end of the series you should understand something more about the art of story-telling through writing for audiences in business and leisure:
- Writing for Business – Marketing, Reports, Newsletters, Press Releases, Web Sites
- Writing for Leisure – Novels & Short Stories, Poems, Stage & Screen, Non-Fiction
- Editing, Proofreading & Publishing
Who’s It For
Business practitioners with either a wish to improve their writing performance at work or a desire to write for their own and others’ entertainment – or both.
Practical knowledge about how to tell a story to businesses and individuals.
What You Need to Bring
- Laptop or pencil and notebook
- Ideas and inspiration (or failing that, energy)
- An enthusiasm for the written word
About Your Tutor
Michael Martin is the author of two published novels and a collection of poems (under his pen name of Michael Marr). He has a PhD in Creative Writing and has been teaching Creative Writing for ten years. In a former life, he was a marketing consultant to the financial services and health industries.
£110 for eight weeks. Maximum of 16 people.