Innovation Symposium for Somerset & Devon Businesses – June 5th
Innovation is the act of introducing something new or doing something in a different way and from the business perspective that doesn’t just mean being creative, which is generally associated with ideas generation, innovation refers to taking those new ideas and implementing them in the marketplace. As a result, creativity is simply one element of the innovation process through which new ideas lead to new products, procedures, or services. Business scholars often attribute company success to innovation and with growing international competition innovation has become even more vital for companies and the economics of countries.
This Innovation Symposium is designed to showcase some fine local examples of innovation in practice and help you see how some companies have managed to implement successful innovation strategies and as a result improve their bottom line.
You’ll hear from large and small companies on how they have achieved business success stories through the adoption of innovative thinking. You’ll get the opportunity to network with like-minded people and find inspiration from local companies.
A Line-up that you can’t afford to miss !
- Roger Protor MBE – MD of Proctor Stevenson. Presentation on how design in business can increase the bottom line for organisations.
- Chris Towns – Senior designer & “head of global innovation” at Clark’s. A case study illustrating key innovation in product development.
- Dr Robert Sharpe – MD of Highersites Group. The effective use of innovation in business and case study showing effective adoption.
- Richard Holt – MD of Core Business Design. Retail, Service, Manufacturing, Food & Drink case studies from innovation workshops.
- Robert Leitch – MD of Adroit Associates. How to effectively employ project implementation techniques for innovation in your business.
Just £30 per person and includes coffee/tea/biscuits on arrival, glass of wine during break and finger buffet (supplied by The Castle Hotel) at the end.