Somerset Design Enterprise Conference 2013
Wednesday March 13th 9.30am – 4.30pm
Lets face it! Somerset should reward the businesses, educational institutions and organisations that have achieved the most to help champion good design in their business and in Somerset. And now you have the chance to contribute and champion your design business and Somerset design in a way that that affects how design is developed and promoted within the county, region and the globe.
Yet in reality our members will know that Somerset Design Enterprise Network has been dormant for a while but it now has a fresh new blank canvas for its design community to shape, while at the same time sharing knowledge and resources and networking together.
With this blank canvas you’ll understand that this conference theme will be around working groups and discussions about design, running a design business and how we can promote and create a strong design community for Somerset and your business.
We will venture into new ideas and co-create a new vision for Somerset and discover new ideas that can help us put design and your business on the UK map.
We will share our funding resources and give you an overview of the state of design support in the UK and you’ll go away armed with more knowledge and new contacts.
The Days Agenda
- 9.00am – Arrival and coffee/tea
- 9.30am – Welcome from SDEN chairman Andrew Knutt
- 9.45am – The governments perspective on the design sector – vice chair Richard Holt
- 10.00am – Setting pace with co-creation
- 10.50am – Break
- 11.10am – What’s your take on your design sector and how it affects business?
- 11.40am – How can we promote and market Somerset design?
- 12.00pm – How can design businesses commercially benefit from promoting Somerset design?
- 12.25pm – Morning review
- 12.30pm – Lunch
- 1.10pm – Sharing funding, design and business resources
- 1.30pm – Ideas and actions for Somerset design and your business
- 2.30pm – Taking it to the bank
- 3.00pm – Break
- 3.20pm – What do you want?
- 4.00pm – Feedback, results and actions
- 4.20pm – Close
Who’s it For
This event is for anyone within the design and creative industries or those who work closely within the sector. Freelancers, one-man-bands, public sector and businesses. Attendees may be in:
- Product Design
- Architecture and Development
- Design Education and Skills Training
- Web Design
- Manufacturing Design
- Engineering Design
- Interior Design
- Fashion Design
- Landscape Design
- Software Design
- Product Design
- Packaging Design
- Graphic Design
- Urban Design
- Film & Television
- And Most Creative Industries
Attendees will benefit from shared sector knowledge and accumulate additional resources for their business and sector.
Moreover, attendees will also go away in confidence knowing that they have helped shape the future of design in the county and benefit from the shared knowledge and information given by other delegates.
There will be a chance to network with other designers and you’ll have the opportunity to discover roles that your business or design work can play in promoting and marketing Somerset design.
If you or your business are not already listed on our books then getting listed by attending is also beneficial as we will share important sector and business information regularly.
What You Need To Bring
This is a chance for you to air your views and share ideas so an open mind and a few ideas would be great. We will refer to on-line resources so please bring iPads etc. Please bring your own pen and paper.
Delegate fee includes refreshments and buffet lunch. Click here to find us.