'Stand Up For Cider' Open Mic Comedy Competition & Audience Tickets – 26 Feb 2016
Fancy a night of laughter and comedy or fancy yourself as a stand up comedian? Then why not join our amazing ‘Stand Up For Cider’ comedy nights throughout Feb, April, June & July 2016. You’ll get the chance to see 5-8 comedians each night and be part of one of the most exciting events in Taunton, and you can even vote on who goes to the next round.
When & Where
Each event is held at CICCIC’s intimate candle lit Memorial Hall in Paul Street Taunton with a licensed bar and held on:
- Friday 26th Feb (CLICK HERE TO BOOK TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT)
- Friday 8th April (CLICK HERE TO BOOK TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT)
- Friday 24th June (CLICK HERE TO BOOK TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT)
- and the Grand Final on Friday 15th July (CLICK HERE TO BOOK TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT)
How It Works for the Audience
Each show is hosted by a Professional MC Comedian plus the involvement of 1 or 2 ‘local celebrities’ that have the courage to try their hand at stand up comedy!
These will be joined by 4 or 5 South West Circuit comedians who are not currently full time professionals but are doing well….and to finish each show will be a Top Class Headline Comedian to close the show and announce the winner and runner up in each heat.
Audience members will be given 2 different tokens on arrival – a 1st and 2nd choice which they will use for voting. The MC will have 2 tokens too and his will be the deciding votes.
It really will be a scream!!
How It Works for Comedians
“Stand Up For Cider” is a friendly competition style show in which acts are given 10 minute open spots.
The audience vote for their favourite and second act, and the winner is presented with the trophy for the night, (which will eventually be engraved with names of all the winners), and invited back for paid work at one of Genius PR’s other shows.
As well as being invited to compete in the Grand Final on July 22nd 2016. All competitors must be able to commit to being available for the 22nd July.
If you would like an open spot within this format – which is the best way to be seen by Trish Caller for possible future gigs, then please get in touch email@example.com
- Stand Up For Cider is a non-paid open spot competition to non-professionals i.e. anyone that is not earning a living as a comedian
- Winners of each (qualifying heat) should be available to perform in the grand final on 22nd July 2016 at CICCIC
- The winner needs to available for the following year final to perform and hand over the trophy to the following winner
- The audience vote is by proportional representation ON THE NIGHT. Each have a token (1ST CHOICE ) scoring 5 points (2ND CHOICE) scoring 4 points
- The MC holds a “15” point deciding votes option
We are running a stand-up comedy workshop for those who wish to have some pointers for their act.
In this workshop you will get an overview of do’s and don’t’s in stand-up comedy plus some very useful tips and tricks when performing. You’ll get the chance to look at your material with a critical eye and get your questions answers by a well-seasoned tutor who is a recognised educator in the field of stand-up comedy. All provided by Genius PR & Events.
- 10am-4pm on Sunday 17th January at CICCIC – £25 per person for the training.
So if you have an interest in this workshop please send an email titled ‘interested in comedy workshop’ to firstname.lastname@example.org