The Innovation Café @ Tacchi-Morris
A highly interactive event exploring innovation and collaboration including presentations, knowledge exchange activities, networking, workshops, case studies and exemplar strategies.
A chance to network and gain opportunities across the creative industries Innovation Case Studies and Speakers:
- Pete Davies, CEO, NavMotion, Interactive video creation and production. Pete Davies held a 20 year BAFTA-winning career as a prime-time director, producer and digital executive at the BBC and is the founder and technical lead for NavMotion.
- Lisa Harty, Art for Life Co-ordinator, Musgrove Park Hospital. Visual arts in a healthcare setting. Lisa Harty has been working in the arts for over twenty five years managing a wide range of temporary and permanent projects across a number of art forms carrying out strategic development and creative visioning.
- Andrew Knutt, CEO, ADK Design and Director, Creative Innovation Centre. Innovation in 3D design and printing: new ways of thinking and doing. Andrew Knutt is director of the Creative Innovation Centre, Taunton, and chairman Somerset Innovation + Design, committee member of regional group Design South West, and represents the South West region at European level on the EICI group. He has been working in the web design and technology trade since 1996, having previously worked for Business Link, Somerset County Council, and private sector clients.
- Ray Tew, Chair, Creative Somerset. Opening address: collaborate to innovate. Ray Tew is chair of Creative Somerset a strategic umbrella organisation, he is also chair of ArtLife, a Trustee for Minehead Development Trust and The Regal Theatre.
- Jane Willis, Director, Willis Newson. Arts and dementia: the napkin project. Jane has been a pioneer of the arts and health field since 1994, when she set up and ran Vital Arts, the arts programme for Bart’s Health NHS Trust. She was a founding member of the London Arts in Health Forum, of the National Alliance for Arts and Health, and was Chair of Arts and Health South West from 2009 – 2011.
- Richard Holt, Director, Core Business Design and Creative Innovation Centre. Co-creation workshop: working together to create new ideas. Richard is a fellow of Creative Enterprise through the Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning at Plymouth University and holds extensive knowledge in training programme design, delivery, quality assurance and accreditation and twenty five years management experience in business design training.
- Robin Bower, Business Relations Manager, Universities South West. Higher Education: innovation vouchers to make your ideas a reality. A collective voice for higher education, Universities South West champions the importance of our universities in the successful development of the region. USW innovation vouchers provide south west SMEs with a subsidy of up to £4K towards the cost of accessing expertise from universities, FE and other public sector research establishments for innovation projects leading to new products, processes or services.
Programme of Events
- 4.00pm Registration, cake, tea and coffee and performance
- 4:15pm Welcome, PechaKucha presentations, discussion and questions
- 5:15 – 6.00pm Co-creation workshop: working together to create new ideas
- 6.00pm – 6:30pm Networking, wine and nibbles and information stalls
- 6:30pm – 7:15pm PechaKucha presentations, discussion and questions
- 7:15pm Closing speech: how the creative sector supports innovation in the south-west
Who’s it For
For businesses, individuals and organisations who want to explore new ways of thinking, opportunities and innovate.
You will walk away with an alternative view on day to day practice and develop new and exciting connections for future collaborations and business.
What to Bring
Bring a friend or business colleague.
How to Register
To register for this event please contact: email@example.com