CANCELLED – It is with regret that this event has been cancelled due to circumstances outside of our control. We apologise for the inconvenience and ticket holders have been notified and refunded.
Doors 7.30pm. Starts 8pm. Adv ticket £12. OTD ticket £14.
A collection of songs, stories, film clips, anecdotes, gossip and readings from his critically-acclaimed memoir “Strange- Punks and Drunks and Flicks and Kicks”.
Richard Kid Strange starts his first ever solo UK tour with his show An Accent Waiting To Happen.
Musician, actor, writer, director and adventurer Richard Strange first came to the public attention in 1975 with his proto punk band Doctors of Madness, who had a huge influence on artistes as diverse as The Sex Pistols, The Damned, Def Leppard, Julian Cope, Simple Minds and Vic Reeves.
The shows will feature Richard singing songs from the last 45 years, showing film clips, telling stories and sharing scurrilous gossip about those he has met and worked with along the way!!
If you’d like to hear his memories of working with Doctors of Madness, Jack Nicholson, Tom Waits, Anita Pallenberg, Marianne Faithfull, Tim Burton, Martin Scorsese, James Nesbitt, Grace Jones, Richard Branson, Damon Albarn, Zappa, Gavin Bryars, Harmony Korine, Kevin Costner, John Cleese and The Sex Pistols, this is the show for you.
He founded the hugely influential mixed-media Cabaret Futura in 1980, and has subsequently worked as an actor, appearing extensively on stage, in films and on television. Strange has been seen in films as diverse as Batman, Mona Lisa, Robin Hood-Prince of Thieves, Gangs of New York and Harry Potter. He has made numerous TV appearances, including a number of episodes of Men Behaving Badly, and as a stage actor he has worked alongside household names such as James Nesbitt, Peter Capaldi and Marianne Faithfull.
A gift for anyone interested in the popular culture of the last 50 years from someone who has LIVED it up to his neck!!
- “18 years after first meeting him, just thinking about Richard still reduces me to a state of near hysteria…and terror. He restores one’s faith in the ability of the human spirit to soar.” James Nesbitt
- “In my version of rock history the name Richard Strange looms a lot larger than Pete Townshend” Paul Morley NME
- “That was excellent! An epic show to rival Springsteen and the Dead.” Robin Denselow. The Guardian.
- “If you have never heard (Richard Strange’s band) the Doctors of Madness, you should. Musically they are the Velvet Underground, New York Dolls with shades of glam, hippie, prog and punk all rolled into one, yet are still totally original. Vastly underrated, they should have been huge. Pure genius” Vic Reeves
- “A seminal figure at the crossroads of art, music, film and counter-culture” The Independent
- “Richard Strange passes the kool acid test with psychedelic colours” The Tatler
- “A hilarious romp through the last 30 years of Pop Culture, as charming and amusing as the man himself” Esquire
You can read more about Richard here
Richard’s UK Tour has proven very successful so it is recommended to book tickets early.
Evening with Richard 'Kid' Strange - Fri 28th Apr
April 28, 2023
8:00 pm - 10:30 pm