Ceilidh Barn Dance Night with live Music by Mitchell & Vincent – Sat 8th Feb
7.30pm – 11.00pm. Start 8pm. Tickets £8 online £10 on the door (OTD). Under 14 yrs are FREE.
Come and enjoy a fun Ceilidh dance night out with traditional live Ceilidh music at CICCIC.
Ceilidh dancing is a great deal of fun, energetic and a wonderful way to socialise and fun to share with friends. Not only will have the chance to hear some quality live folk music from one of the best Ceilidh duos in the South West but you’ll also find the dancing simple to learn and satisfying to dance to.
You do not have to be experienced and may even be a first timer to Ceilidh dancing, and don’t forget at every Ceilidh our band Mitchell & Vincent bring a caller who acts as the MC for your evening. She teaches the dances, helps everyone feel at ease and ensures everyone can enjoy the music and dancing. It really is great fun and acts as one of your 5 a-day for doing something physical and having a great time.
About Mitchell & Vincent
David Mitchell and Graham Vincent are a Fiddle and Classical Guitar duo who first met playing in a ceilidh band which was based in the South West of England. Coincidentally, they both had trained as Luthiers (instrument makers) so with shared musical tastes, and wanting to make more music, they started playing a few gigs as a duo during 2012 … and haven’t looked back! Since then they have gone on to perform at a whole variety of festivals, events and concerts around the UK and as far afield as The Netherlands.
Olive Mitchell has been a caller for dances for over 15 years and is a member of the Chard Folk Dance Club. As well as being the regular caller for Mitchell and Vincent, she plays and calls with ceilidh band ‘Long Odds and Short Straws’. Olive enjoys calling dances for people of all ages and abilities.
Mitchell and Vincent with Olive Mitchell calling ceilidh reference:
- “We just wanted to thank you again; we and our guests absolutely loved the ceilidh. The music was brilliant and the caller was great. She really got everyone up and involved so please pass on our thanks to her.” (Mr. and Mrs. Gallagher, May 2015).
Mitchell and Vincent have been described as:
- ‘Musicians who tell stories with their melodies’ (Wessex Folk Festival).
- ‘A breath of fresh air’ as well as giving a concert of ‘breath-taking music and performance’ (A. Knutt, Director of the Creative Innovation Centre CIC, Taunton).
- “They were picked out as the Lyme Folk Weekend 2014 highlight of the festival after bringing the ‘crowd to tears one moment and to their feet the next” (J. Hayes, Festival Director).
So come along and enjoy a great night out and book your place before tickets sell out.
Licensed bar available.
- Ceilidh Barn DanceFebruary 8, 20207:30 pm - 10:30 pm