Doors 7.00pm. Start 8.00pm. Tickets £14 online. £16 OTD.
Please note: We intend to make comedy in 2022 even better and ticket prices have risen by £2.00 as we are paying higher fees for even better comedians. That means to watch one comedian its just £3.50. Booking fees have been removed.
We’ve pulled all the stops to deliver the most exciting and the funniest comedy club in Somerset. We are throwing money at comedians (coins bruise them quite well) and the stage will be lit to show off the craziest and funniest performances you’ll ever see on the UK comedy circuit.Bought to you by CICCIC and Genius Events (the people who bring you Stand Up for Cider) this bi-monthly comedy club will exercise your chuckle muscles and deliver a great night out at CICCIC’s amazing Memorial Hall.
You’ll get the chance to see several comedians on the night along with some amazing talent from known comedians who like to test their material at comedy clubs like ours before they take it to the Edinburgh Comedy Festival.
It will be unadulterated, full of surprise and have you laughing all the way through the weekend. So why not relax in comfort, enjoy a drink or three, while we take you on a few hours journey of forgetting your worries while you dose yourself in laughter. Tickets are limited and booking is advised.
YOUR COMEDY LINEUP
MC & Comedian Suzy Bennett
A former winner of the prestigious Funny Women Award, Suzy is a dynamo of a comic, with a uniquely warm and chatty stage presence.
After her appearance on Comedy Idol, Suzy Bennett was asked by Jimmy Carr to support him on his Gag Reflex tour. In August 2012 she performed at Edinburgh as part of the ‘Comedy Reserve’ at the Pleasance Theatre, one of the most prestigious showcases for up and coming comics.
She was also chosen as tour support act for Russell Kane on his Smallness shows and Russell Kane and Friends showcases where he described her as a ‘Charm Bomb’.
- “The funniest female stand-up I have ever seen” – JOSIE LAWRENCE
- “Vibrant, gorgeous and extremely funny” – BBC
- “The physical presence and Panache of a young Dawn French” – CHORTLE
Comedian Kevin Dewsbury
Kevin is a comedian who delivers every time he performs and has supported acts such as Tim Vine, Lucy Porter and Robert Llewelyn (Kryten from Red Dwarf) on UK tours as well as gigging with a stream of household names in the U.K. and overseas.
He has made numerous appearances at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival including the underground hit Kev’s Komedy Kitchen – a parody of a TV cookery show, which received many rave reviews.
- “His delivery is spot on, delightfully funny” – BROADWAY BABY
- “Slickness and sheer talent”– TIME OUT
- “A Masterpiece of Performance and Comedy” – NOTTS COMEDY REVIEW
Comedian Bexie Archer
Bexie won the Chortle Student Stand Up Comedy Award 2018 and has gigged at e.g. The Pleasance, Latitude Festival, Angel Comedy Club at the Bill Murray, The Frog and Bucket, Comedy Store. Bexie was part of BBC Writers Comedy Room 2019/2020. She Recently appeared in BBC Three’s ‘Sh*t Happened’.
- “Bexie Archer stole the show” – THE GUARDIAN
- “Bexie has funny bones” “Very strong material” – CHORTLE
- “A delightful cocktail of absurdity and randomness. Brilliant.” – NODDING DOG COMEDY
- “Bexie Archer is a bright and fearless rising star. She is tantalising and tricksy on stage and completely unphased” – SHROPSHIRE WHAT’S ON
Comedian Sam Fraser
Comedian, freelance writer and part-time presenter on BBC Radio Solent and BBC South Today, Sam lives and works in the South of England. She blogs as the Fortysomething Fan Girl, exploring ‘Executive Youth!’
Sam is also a TV weather presenter, and being on the telly mean’s she’s had some peculiar post via social media. Sam will share her funny off-screen stories and her observations, as a feminist forecaster, and presented a very successful show ‘Stand Up, Weather Girl!’ throughout the UK.
Comedian Headline Matt Green
Our headliner is the incredible Matt Green. A brilliant London based comedian/writer with 10 years of experience with his high-energy mix of personal, observational and storytelling stand up, with a topical edge.
Matt is also excellent at audience interaction. As well as having many TV, film, radio, writing and appearances (including The Now Show) and has played clubs all over the UK and the world (including gigs in Czech Republic, Norway, Romania, Slovenia and Singapore). He has performed four successful solo shows at the Pleasance in Edinburgh.
- “Really funny” – The Scotsman
- “Green has taken a mountain of comedy gold and succeeded admirably into transfiguring it into a set that is sure to dazzle…a must see.” – Views From The Gods
- “A talented storyteller… side-splitting…hilarious… Green leaves the audience wanting more” – Remotegoat
Comedy Club Jun 2022
June 11, 2022
7:30 pm - 11:30 pm