Photography Short Course at the CICCIC Saturday mornings 11th Jan – 15th Feb
The course teaching style is relaxed and informal. Camera not essential.
Weekly class sessions starting Saturday 11th Jan – 15th Feb, 10am till 1pm. 6 weeks
Each session will start with a brief discussion / introduction which will include visual education by large projection of images or short video and group discussion.
Over the class sessions the course aims to cover:
- Our best friend light! The essential ingredient. Explanation of the types and quality.
- Using the camera we carry everywhere “Your Phone” effectively.
- Making the light work for you.
- Photography essentials: Exposure, Focus, Depth of field, ISO, Content & Composition.
- Develop a personal photography project with aim of exhibiting or competition entry.
- Equipment & camera handling and photographic creative manual controls.
- Shoot planning for landscapes, locations & also people on location.
- At the shoot: Making the right choices : Camera, lens, lighting, props
- Photoshop and basic workflow organisation.
- People edits post shoot.
- Photoshop colour / black and white for web and print.
- Understanding filters and effects on phones and in photoshop.
- Image restoration for family or historical interest.
- Informal Critique and Group discussion of work
If you are interested in only attending one of the sessions for a specific skill and technique update then please email : Christian email@example.com
If you own a DSLR would be great for you to bring it. Its assumed most of us carry our phones.
NO CAMERA? no problem as you will gain great knowledge and advice on equipment purchase for your particular interest.
If you have a laptop bring it if it has Adobe Photoshop any version bring it.
There will be a computer for demonstration and limited access to others.
Lighting and modifiers will be provided.
Cheat sheets with easy to understand info will be available for download or take away.
About your tutor: Christian Silverton – https://www.christiansilverton.co.uk/
Christian is a very experienced photographer who has worked with newspapers, PR Agencies, marketing departments, photography studios and as a freelance with many outlets. He also managed a busy darkroom and studio for many years. There aren’t many subjects he hasn’t photographed!
Developing many creative, experimental styles he found his niche in the fashion and music industry. Photographing many of the worlds leading designers and the most famous supermodels such as Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss. Enjoying enormously the opportunity to photograph the incredible rise of the Manchester music scene. And later the likes of The Prodigy, Jools Holland, Alesha Dixon, Tynchy Stryder, Judge Jules & Jaguar Skills.
Human interest, fashion and lifestyle is his current focus as a working professional.
- February 1, 20209:30 am - 1:00 pm
- February 8, 20209:30 am - 1:00 pm
- February 15, 20209:30 am - 1:00 pm
|6 week course||£72.00 (GBP)||Expired|