Printmaking Workshops – Friday Mornings 5th July – 2nd August 2019
Printmaking at CICCIC – Fridays: Fridays 9.30 – 12.30pm
FOR OTHER WORKSHOPS – Click on the following link : https://www.creativeinnovationcentre.co.uk/events/outdoor-art-class-poundisford-lodge-12th-to-27th-july/
The scheme of work for these print workshops explores a variety of printmaking methods and techniques exploring: linocut, woodcut, monotypes and zinc etching. I have listed below the printmaking sessions with images to illustrate the techniques. Each describes the printmaking technique and what will be learned during each class. All the learner will need to do is bring along their sketchbooks, images and a few drawing implements. Materials like lino, wood, tools, paper, pigments and ink will be supplied by the artist/ tutor.
I will require confirmed numbers ensuring that the purchased materials are covered by the cost of the classes [£12.00 per person per session]. This ensures the right amount of materials and tools are purchased to cover each person and session.
[N.B: Sessions are subject to changes based on the number of attendees]
The following scheme of work shows you what you might expect from this short course:
Workshops: Five Sessions
Linocut (Two Sessions)
1.Exploring linocut and how to create a printing plate that will be used to create an edition of prints exploring mono-tone, gradient colouring and multicolour printing, including applying various techniques of cutting and inking to form a body of print editions.
2. Exploring the technique of reduction printmaking, whereby the learner will create a print using the stage by stage cutting method, forming a series of prints formed through the gradual addition of colour to form your finalised print.
Woodcut (One Session)
- Exploring woodcutting techniques and creating a monochrome expressionist print.
Monotype (One Session)
- Exploring forms of printing images through the application of printing ink to an acrylic plate through applying ink to form layers of colour, ready to place through the printing press to print your unique images.
- Creating a series of prints through the application of printing ink to a surface and applying strips of paper, cut stencilled images and/ or pressed lino cut images to a plate surface, printing images to the applied paper/ card.
Zinc Etching (One Session)
- Learning about and producing a zinc plate exploring various techniques of drawing onto the plate for immersion into acid bite, applying intaglio techniques, including the application of stop out varnish to form ‘painted’ images and grey tones.
Tutor: Adam Grose
Adam Grose is a Master in Fine Art Contemporary Practice and a member of the RWA. An experienced tutor in exploring different print methods which allows the individual to develop his or her own style of printmaking. He runs his own Fine Art practice which he has recently been exploring the fragility of knowledge, entropy and how information from past cultures and generations can be lost over the passage of time.
- printmaking courseJuly 5, 2019 - August 2, 20199:30 am