It is a pleasure and honour to present a music concert with renowned folk music songwriter, performer, musician and storyteller Reg Meuross for our Sunday lunchtime concerts.
The breadth and depth of Reg Meuross’s material is unparalleled in contemporary folk: songs about forgotten heroes, famous names, folk legends, the climate emergency, tales from the kitchen sink and news from the world stage; if something needs to be sung about then Reg Meuross has a song for it.
Meuross has the gift of being able to touch people through his songs and performance, painting pictures that remain with the listener long after the song has been sung.
Masterfully accompanying himself on his ‘44 Martin six-string guitar, harmonica, tenor guitar, banjo and dulcimer and captivating audiences with his beautiful tenor voice, witnessing a Reg Meuross performance is to experience a journey into the heart, soul and songs of one of England’s finest writers.
- “...assured a place in the pantheon of great folk songwriters.”
David Kidman, The Living Tradition
- “Intelligent and thought-provoking songs, beautifully made and skilfully delivered”
- “Classic, with echoes of early Dylan, Tom Paxton and Leonard Cohen”
- “The remarkable singer-songwriter that is Reg Meuross”
SEAN RAFFERTY BBC RADIO 3
- “A mighty songwriter and an equally fine singer”
Sunday Lunchtime Folk Music with Reg Meuross
December 5, 2021
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm