Doors Open 7.30pm – Concert from 8.15pm. Tickets £12 online £14 OTD.
A great night of slow blues rock awaits!
Back in 2020 (when Covid rules said no loud music) we asked Jamie Thyer if he could create a slow blues rock guitar set that suited a sitting audience, and with Jamie’s experience and wide repertoire Jamie took up the baton and agreed. But lockdown prevented us from putting on the gig. Now, months later we have the pleasure of hearing and seeing this special CICCIC commission in July 2021.
JAMIE THYER AND THE WORRIED MEN have played over 7000 gigs (some at CICCIC). Been given the nod of approval by and shared the bill with many established and influential artistes …. Toured the UK and Europe non-stop …. Performed at countless festivals …. And these road tested veterans have only just begun!
JAMIE has entertained audiences for some 30 years with his bold, unique and expressive guitar playing, alongside the likes of ROBERT CRAY, PETER GREEN, JEFFERSON STARSHIP, JOHNNY WINTER et al.
Jamie Thyer is always at home with an audience that gets his unique and refreshing message.
Few bands these days are in such great demand as the worried men, why?
- “Technically excellent…stellar guitar work” (Velvet Thunder)
- “Jamie’s guitar work is superb2 (new wave )
- “Impressive technician” (Let it Rock)
- “Excellent guitar playing” (Ballroom Blitz)
- “Alluring guitar work” (Powerplay magazine)
- “Flaming guitar….impeccable playing…” (Bluesville)
- “Enchanting guitar work from Mr Thyer…which gives the likes of Clapton and Knopfler a run for their money” (Metalville)
- “Fiery biting blues rock….flamin guitar” (Blues town Music)
This is going to be a gig not to be missed and any blues, blues rock or electric guitar fan will fill their ears with some mighty guitar playing.
- My Weeping Guitar - The Worried Men
July 31, 2021
7:30 pm - 11:00 pm